Cheryl assumed the role of executive vice president in 2008 after serving as vice president development and COO at the Foundation since 1997. Her prior experience is in the area of quality improvement and risk management at Lutheran Medical Center, where she was employed for 15 years.
Cheryl served as a fellow in the Regional Institute for Health and Environment Leadership Training Program at the University of Denver. She is a graduate of the Leadership Development Program at the Center for Creative Leadership in Colorado Springs, and a graduate of the West Chamber’s Leadership Jefferson County program. She holds a bachelor’s degree in nursing and a master’s degree in science and management from Regis University.
- Colorado Philanthropic Advisors Network, board member
- Early Childhood Mental Health Funders, member
- Institute for Leaders in Development, volunteer
- Denver Homeless Commission, commissioner
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, Colorado Chapter, member
- Colorado Planned Giving Roundtable, member
- National Committee on Planned Giving, member
- Colorado Association of Funders, member
- Centennial Estate Planning Committee, member
- Colorado Consumer Health Initiative, member
- Jefferson County Community Advisory Board, board member
Cheryl has also served on the advisory council on Adolescent Health for the State of Colorado, the policy council for Head Start, the Denver Drug Strategy Commission, and the Council on Foundations Standards Action Team. She also served on the boards for the Action Center, Seniors’ Resource Center, the Susan M. Duncan Family YMCA and the YMCA of Metropolitan Denver.