Penfield joined the Board of Directors at Community First Foundation in January 2017.
He is an attorney with expertise in public finance and municipal law. He has wide-ranging experience representing public entities, lenders and underwriters engaged in the process of financing public improvements and advising local and state government on their administrative responsibilities.
Penfield formerly served as a state legislator in both the Colorado Senate and House of Representatives. Additional roles in his work history included executive director of the Colorado Department of Administration for former Governor Roy Romer and aide to former Denver Mayor Federico Pena.
Penfield received his J.D. at the Antioch School of Law and B.A. from Colorado State University.
- Denver Water Board, president
- Sam Cary Bar Association, member
- Ability Connection of Colorado (formerly Cerebral Palsy of Colorado), board member
- State of Colorado Banking board, former board member
- Colorado Housing and Finance Authority, former board member
- Five Points Community Center, former board member
- Bell Policy Center, former board member
- Metropolitan State College of Denver Foundation, former board member